The church is located in the eastern part of Filipów, on a hill, oriented. It is surrounded by a stone wall. In 1571, King Zygmunt August established a Roman Catholic parish. The first church was wooden. The present existing brick church, in its original form, was built on the basis of designs by Christian Piotr Aigner in 1841 as a single-nave building. In 1884, it was enlarged by aisles and one bay of the presbytery. It was damaged during the war in 1915. Rebuilt in 1923-26. Damaged again in 1944 during the next war, and then rebuilt. In the years 1978-84 it was rebuilt - side annexes were added and the aisles were extended. The building, despite numerous reconstructions, has retained its classicist features.
Dr. Dariusz Maciej Ambrosiewicz