Pacai route

Spatial layout of the city in Raczki

Architecture, Poland

Contact us

The basis of the urban layout dates back to the 16th century. Finally, the urban layout was formed at the beginning of the 19th century. The street grid is spread out around a vast market square. The routes leading from Prussia to Grodno intersected here. The axis of the layout is 1. Maja Street, which is part of the road leading from Bakałarzewo to Augustów. The beginning of the town of Raczki was the village of Dowspuda belonging to the brothers Stanisław and Mikołaj Michnowicz Raczkowicz. These properties were granted to them by King Sigismund I the Old in 1514. The name of the village of Raczki comes from their surname. In 1703, Raczki received city rights from King August II the Strong. In 1748, Raczki was purchased by count Józef Pac, and in 1797, these properties were taken over by Ludwik Michał Pac. Since then, the city has experienced dynamic development. Many new buildings, an inn, and factories were erected at that time. In 1807 Raczki found itself within the borders of the Duchy of Warsaw, and in 1815, the Kingdom of Poland, which was subordinated to Russia. It was probably then that a plan for regulating the urban layout was created. A neo-gothic town hall was designed at the market square. A synagogue was built in the vicinity of the market square (in a street parallel to its western frontage). The development was interrupted when, as a result of the repressions after the November Uprising, the city was taken from Pac by the tsar. In 1870, Raczki lost its city rights, and in 1888 almost all buildings were burnt down in a fire. The end of the 19th century brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street. and in 1815, the Kingdom of Poland, which was subject to Russia. It was probably then that a plan for regulating the urban layout was created. A neo-gothic town hall was designed at the market square. A synagogue was built in the vicinity of the market square (in a street parallel to its western frontage). The development was interrupted when, as a result of the repressions after the November Uprising, the city was taken from Pac by the tsar. In 1870, Raczki lost its city rights, and in 1888 almost all buildings were burnt down in a fire. The end of the 19th century brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street. and in 1815, the Kingdom of Poland, which was subject to Russia. It was probably then that a plan for regulating the urban layout was created. A neo-gothic town hall was designed at the market square. A synagogue was built in the vicinity of the market square (in a street parallel to its western frontage). The development was interrupted when, as a result of the repressions after the November Uprising, the city was taken from Pac by the tsar. In 1870, Raczki lost its city rights, and in 1888 almost all buildings were burnt down in a fire. The end of the 19th century brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street. It was probably then that a plan for regulating the urban layout was created. A neo-gothic town hall was designed at the market square. A synagogue was built in the vicinity of the market square (in a street parallel to its western frontage). The development was interrupted when, as a result of the repressions after the November Uprising, the city was taken from Pac by the tsar. In 1870, Raczki lost its city rights, and in 1888 almost all buildings were burnt down in a fire. The end of the 19th century brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street. It was probably then that a plan for regulating the urban layout was created. A neo-gothic town hall was designed at the market square. A synagogue was built in the vicinity of the market square (in a street parallel to its western frontage). The development was interrupted when, as a result of the repressions after the November Uprising, the city was taken from Pac by the tsar. In 1870, Raczki lost its city rights, and in 1888 almost all buildings were burnt down in a fire. The end of the 19th century brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street. A synagogue was built in the vicinity of the market square (in a street parallel to its western frontage). The development was interrupted when, as a result of the repressions after the November Uprising, the city was taken from Pac by the tsar. In 1870, Raczki lost its city rights, and in 1888 almost all buildings were burnt down in a fire. The end of the 19th century brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street. A synagogue was built in the vicinity of the market square (in a street parallel to its western frontage). The development was interrupted when, as a result of the repressions after the November Uprising, the city was taken from Pac by the tsar. In 1870, Raczki lost its city rights, and in 1888 almost all buildings were burnt down in a fire. The end of the 19th century brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street. brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street. brought economic revival to the rebuilt Raczki, thanks to the development of trade with Prussia. During World War II, almost 50% of the buildings were destroyed. The historic and cultural buildings are grouped in the frontages closing the market square and 1. Maja Street.

dr Dariusz Maciej Ambrosiewicz

Reviews

To comment on