The construction works of the church started in the second half of the 18th century. It was completed in 1822-23 thanks to the financial help from a fundation of Ludwik Michał Pac. The temple was designed by C. P. Aigner and H. Marconi and built in the classicist style. Its interior was a result of work of the same team of Italian artists that worked on the palace in Dowspuda. Nowadays, among the most precious elements of the interior there are two reliefs in the shape of tomb stelae, made of white marble. They are epitaphs, coming from the palace in Dowspuda.