The cemetery is located about 200 meters south of the eastern end of the village of Maryna. In October 1914, the vicinity of the village of Maryna was the site of fierce battles between the Russian and German armies. In 1915, after Russia had been driven out, the Germans carried out exhumations and established several large cemeteries in the Bakałarzewo commune, including the cemetery in Maryna. The cemetery is located on a low hill formed into four terraces and is surrounded by a stone wall. In its central part there is a tall stone monument, the element of which is a cross. 260 German and 607 Russian soldiers are buried here. In the years 2013-2014, cleaning works were carried out at the cemetery, in which Polish and German soldiers and residents participated.
Dr. Dariusz Maciej Ambrosiewicz