The cemetery is located on the southern side of the road Dowspuda - Chodorki, about 300 meters from the intersection with road No. 664 Augustów - Raczki. At the end of September 1914, a two-day battle between the Russian and German armies took place near Raczki. Both sides suffered huge losses. After the Russians had been driven out in 1915, the Germans carried out exhumation works and established a cemetery near Raczki, in Dowspuda; built on a rectangular plan. Inside, there are two earthen graves marked by tall wooden crosses (Latin and Orthodox) and a stone obelisk with an inscription; the area is fenced. Probably 59 German and 119 Russian soldiers were buried there.
Dr. Dariusz Maciej Ambrosiewicz